Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Simple chicken recipe and simple beef recipe all in one week!

This was a banner week for experimenting with simplifying recipes. The result was the easiest sherpherds pie ever and fabulous baked chicken breast with a cheesy sauce. Both were prepared in 5 minutes or less - no joke. As is often the case with this simplified cooking, having the right ingredients on hand is half the battle. So without further ado, here's the recipes:



5 Minute Simple Shepherds Pie

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 package dried onion soup mix
2 jars beef gravy (I like Boston Market)
1 package prepared mashed potatoes (you'll find them refrigerated at grocers)

Brown ground beef in a frying pan. Add in onion soup mix. Transfer beef mixture into 9 x 13 pan. Pour on the gravy and then drop on the mashed potatoes. Cook 400 for 30 minutes.
(We like it sauce-y but you can substitute one jar of gravy if you're conserving calories or don't like as much sauce.)

5 Minute Easy Cheese-y Baked Chicken

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package dried taco seasoning mix
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilis
8 oz. monterrey jack cheese

Combine all ingredients with cheese sprinkled on top. Bake at 375 for 1 hour.

(I didn't even mix the ingredients in a separate bowl - I just threw it all in a 9 x 13 and stirred a bit with a fork. It was THAT easy.)

Give them a try and let me know what you think. I know they were a hit in my house - even with the kids.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home