Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Highly Recommend the Green Bags

Have you tried the green bags yet - the ones that are supposed to keep your fruit and vegetables fresh for longer? They really do work! According the the package, they work by absorbing and removing the ethylene gas that fruits, veggies (and fresh flowers) produce.

Mary convinced me to get them because she did her own experiment with bananas. She bought two bunches at the same time and placed one of the bunches in the green bag. It lasted 5 days longer than the other bunch bought on the same day. That was enough for me and I've been using them ever since. I haven't done any experiments but I do know that I've been using up my fruit instead of throwing it away.

Since the package I bought had 20 in it (10 large and 10 small), I passed a couple along to Lynda so now she can tell two friends...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home