Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Baked Chicken in a Snap

I believe half of my cooking is done by throwing several things from my pantry into a dish and enjoying the results. You can almost always be assured you'll like the results when you use your favorite ingredients. I have a few personal favorites that you'll see again and again in these pages and one of them is chopped green chilis. Today's chicken recipe includes that favorite, a standard cream of (anything) soup and some cheese. That's it! Serve with tortilla chips, rice and a green vegetable. I happened to have some leftover corn on the cob (first of spring) that tasted just awesome with it. So, here you have it...

Baked Chicken with Chilis and Cheese
1 package boneless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom, celery, chicken or anything soup
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 cup cheddar cheese
Combine soup and chilis in 9 x 13 pan. Add chicken. Spoon some of the mixture on top of the chicken. Cover with cheese. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

In my case, I had to run out for my sons guitar lessons so I just turned it down to 325, added about 1/2 can of water and cooked for 2 hours.

Great either way! Enjoy the simplicity.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home