Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Crock Pot Italian Chicken Still Great in Summer

There are a lot of these crock pot dishes that may at first glance seem like odd choices for summer. In reality, it's still nice to have a home cooked meal waiting for you when you get home instead of having to stoke up the grill every night. It's especially handy if you have a variety of different schedules too. Everyone can just help themselves.

When made in the summer, this chicken recipe can also make great use of fresh tomatoes. In my case, I used 1 14 oz. can of the diced tomatoes with italian seasonings and also chopped up one very large fresh tomato. I'm going to write down the way I did it but any combination of fresh and canned is perfectly fine.

Crock Pot Italian Chicken Recipe
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
1 small jar mushrooms
1/3 of a huge vidalia onion, chopped
1 can green beans
1/2 can chicken broth
2 T. italian seasoning (or more if you use all fresh tomatoes0
2 T. minced garlic. I actually used the garlic garlic spice from Tastefully Simple

Layer, green beans, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes (if any), chicken, and cover with diced tomatoes. The pour the chicken broth over it all. Cook on low 8 hours or on high for 5 hours. Not necessary but a little bit fancier...I used a mini food processor (I call it a mini chop) to grind up some of the ingredients to make them more of a traditional sauce consistency. I left many of the ingredients as large chunks though too. Serve on cooked noodles.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home