Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Homestyle Baked Pork Chops

In the list of entrees that are simple to prepare and taste like "mommy used to make", baked pork chops definitely tops the list. This is one of those recipes that everyone makes but you may have forgotten to put it into the rotation recently. Give it another try - my husband loves it.

Baked Pork Chop Ingredients
2 lbs. pork chops (give or take)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup coke
1 T. brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 t. spices - I use onion and garlic
1 t. margarine

Baked Pork Chop Instructions
Mix the ketchup, coke and brown sugar. Set aside. Mix the flour and spices in a plastic bag. Shake the pork chops in the bag. Brown the pork chops in the margarine and then place them in a baking pan with the coke, ketchup mixture. Bake 350 for about an hour. If time permits, I usually do 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours to be sure they remain tender.

Mom would be so proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home