Let's Chit Chat

Hi. I'm Pam. I don't love to cook but like to eat and to serve simple comfort food like my mom used to make. I'm especially partial to recipes that are big hits with families or at parties so read on for great ideas, cooking tips and recipes.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation Update and Great Baked Pork Chops

Fun Vacation to Turks and Caicos
Sorry it's been a while but we had the 4 day power outage and then went on a fabulous vacation to Turks and Caicos. We stayed at a Beaches resort which I would highly recommend if you have a family. This particular resort had 6 pools, 9 restaurants, 38 X-Boxes and more. The pools were all different so it was fun to experience the variety throughout the day. The kid pool was right alongside a cute little diner that they could run into for a quick hot dog or milk shake. Each pool also had a swim up bar and my kids made great use of them for their special Shirley Temple drinks. They are also building a whole new section there that will feauture a huge water park.

My favorite parts of the vacation:
1. snorkeling with the kids (Paker wants to learn to scuba when he turns 10 now)
2. watching my son defeat my husband an the half-life-sized chess game
3. the restaurant variety - kids were able to try sushi and the japanese steak house knowing they could get a hot dog later as needed.
4. the safe environment for families which allowed the kids a little freedom. Being able to walk into the poolside diner to get your own hot dog is a big deal when you're small.


Yummy Baked Pork Chop Recipe
I saw some great looking pork chops at the store but had no time to crock pot them so I found a simple baked pork chop recipe. I revised it since I didn't have a couple ingredients* and this is the resulting simple, delicous baked pork chop recipe.

Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce Ingredients:
4 pork chops about 1/2 inch thick (mine were huge - more than 8 oz. each)
2 T. Grillmaster steak seasoning (or comparable amounts of ground pepper and salt)
1/2 can chicken broth
1/2 can skim milk (or half and half)
2 T. butter (not needed if you use half and half)
2 T. dijon mustard

Instructions:
Rub the seasoning onto both sides of the chops. Use non-stick frying pan or coat a regular pan first with cooking spray (we like Pam!). Cook chops on medium-high heat until browned (about 4-5 minutes each side). Remove chops and keep warm. Add broth, mustard, milk and butter to skillet. Put chops back in and simmer about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit. Flip the chops once or twice during that time.

*no idea what the actual conversion should be for this but I didn't have half and half so I used my skim milk and then added the butter.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home